- Who is Sysmex ?
- Nieuws & Evenementen
- In-Vitro Diagnostiek
- Life Science
- Industry & Research
- Laboratorium voorzieningen
- Milieu & Veiligheid
Select your local website
OSNA in breast cancer
More differentiated information to fine-tune your treatment decision
- Precise lymph node analysis providing accurate staging
- Reliable diagnostic information for therapy decision
- High flexibility in multi-cancer application (CE-marked for breast, colon, lung, prostate, gynecol and gastric cancer)
Axillary management and the relevance of sentinel lymph node biopsy (SLNB) have undergone major changes in the last years. Clinical trials, which have investigated less invasive treatment approaches as a replacement of axillary surgery, indicate that axillary dissection can be omitted in patients with limited metastatic involvement. Consequently, treatment decisions and nodal staging more often have to be based solely on the diagnostic information derived from the sentinel lymph node (SLN).
More than 100 publications provide evidence on the clinical utility of using OSNA and the CK19 copy number for SLN assessment. They show that CK19 provides predictive and prognostic information beyond conventional pathology assessment. This helps clinicians better select who can be safely spared an ALND, allows more personalised treatment decisions and improves patients’ quality of life.
Do you get all this from your current sentinel lymph node analysis? CK19 mRNA expression level:
Excellent diagnostic information
- More accurate determination of the metastatic burden by analysis of the entire lymph node
- Standardised, objective assessment of lymph node status
- Fast availability of results for optimal decision making on the right surgical/ non-surgical approach
- Confident staging as reliable basis for therapy choice
Patient quality of life
- Permits earlier start of further therapy measures
- Reduced waiting time and less patient stress
Sysmex Nederland B.V.
4879 NP Etten-Leur
+31 (0)76 508 6000
+31 (0)76 508 6086
Safety data sheets
Regulatory documents, such as Instructions for Use, can be accessed with a valid My Sysmex login:Go to My Sysmex