- Wie is Sysmex ?
- Nieuws & Evenementen
- In-Vitro Diagnostiek
- Life Science
- Industry & Research
- Laboratorium voorzieningen
- Milieu & Veiligheid
Select your local website
All chemical reactions or physical events involve a change in energy, usually accompanied by heat release (exothermic) or absorption (endothermic). Calorimetry is the science of measuring heat changes from chemical reactions or physical events. Microcalorimetry is an ultrasensitive development of the technique that measures very small heat changes in small sample volumes, making it suitable for biomaterials.
Malvern MicroCal microcalorimeters are powerful, analytical tools used to study characterization of biomolecular stability and interactions. The range includes both Isothermal Titration and Differential Scanning calorimetry.
How it works
Isothermal Titration calorimetry
Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) is a technique used in quantitative studies of a wide variety of biomolecular interactions. It works by directly measuring the heat that is either released or absorbed during a biomolecular binding event.
This allows accurate determination of binding parameters:
- affinity constants (KD)
- stoichiometry (n)
- enthalpy (∆H)
- entropy (ΔS)
Differential Scanning Calorimetry
Differential Scanning Calorimetry (DSC) is a technique used to characterize the stability of a protein or other biomolecule directly in its native form. It does this by measuring the heat change associated with the molecule’s thermal denaturation when heated at a constant rate.
This allows accurate determination of “unfolding” parameters:
- Heat capacity change (∆Cp)
- Temperature midpoint (Tm)
- Enthalpy (∆H)
Malvern MicroCal DSC differential scanning microcalorimeters provide fast and accurate determination of transition midpoint (Tm) and other thermodynamic parameters as indicators of thermal stability. They generate a complete thermodynamic profile to understand the factors that affect a biomolecule’s conformation and stability. A choice of systems meets the requirements of different laboratories:
- Malvern MicroCal VP-Capillary DSC delivers high throughput and sensitivity, with low sample consumption, in an automated, integrated platform for increased productivity in drug discovery. (Also available in a manual configuration without autosampler)
- Malvern MicroCal VP-DSC is a highly sensitive, easy-to-use system that delivers outstanding quality data ideally suited for research and specialized applications
Malvern MicroCal ITC is an essential tool for any research laboratory studying biomolecular interactions where high sensitivity and fast results are paramount.
Malvern offers a range of MicroCal ITC systems to suit your requirements.
- Malvern MicroCal PEAQ-ITC delivers exceptional sensitivity and high quality data with low sample consumption. User-friendly guided workflows with embedded help videos give any level of user the ability to generate high quality data.
- Malvern MicroCal PEAQ-ITC Automated combines the high sensitivity of the MicroCal PEAQ-ITC with walkway automation to meet the productivity needs of busy research and drug discovery laboratories.
- Malvern MicroCal iTC200 is designed for ease-of-use and exceptional sensitivity. Cell filling, injection and cell cleaning functions are semi-automated and require minimal operator involvement.
- Malvern MicroCal VP-ITC is designed for ease-of-use, delivering fast, accurate analysis and outstanding data sensitivity for academic and research environments.